THIS IS THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF NICK VATTEROTT AND HIS WEBSITE WWW.OODLESOFPUN.COM

Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm a social butterball


I always try to make sure that everybody feels comfortable in social situations; I think almost to a fault. I'm regularly guilty of over introducing people. It's to the point where when I go home I'll be like 'Hey dad, you know mom right? Have you guys met? I you have? Oh that's why I'm here? Oh, right on. Cool, well, I'm gonna grab a beer, can I buy you guys one? Oh, you don't drink? Yeah I think I knew that."
Then under my breath I say, "Why do you think I offered?"
If you ever need to get out of a conversation, always chug your beer, and say you have to go grab another one. Offer to buy that person a drink, so it looks like you have every intention to resume the conversation with the person. But only do so if the person you are talking to doesn't drink, or if they have a full beer. If for some reason the person takes you up your offer, go to the bar and buy two beers. Then get a pretend call on you cell phone, walk outside, and drink both beers on the train ride home.

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty good advice.

    That you did a Social Butterball joke without referencing a pop-up turkey timer shows that you have far more cunning than I do.

    ReplyDelete